in Wiesbaden, Germany
About The Academy
The Academy is a unique Scout and Guide event designed to enable participants to get high quality training and networking opportunities around the core priorities of the European Regions of WAGGGS and WOSM.
Code of conduct
- I will be respectful, tolerant, and considerate of other cultures.
- I recognise my own right to freedom of expression and those of any participant, moderator or facilitator of The Academy.
- I will treat everyone equally, irrespective of their gender, age, race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, socio-economic background, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender expression or any other basis of discrimination, abstaining from any direct or indirect discrimination as well as any form of harassment.
- I will proactively work to create an inclusive and respectful environment that is safe for all, at both the formal and informal sessions of the Academy. In particular, I understand that it is my responsibility to seek and receive positive consent before engaging in communication or intimate relations in the context of Scouting & Guiding events.
- I will prevent and not engage in abusive behavior of any kind that leads to any harm, prejudice, discrimination or harassment against any person, or the disruption of conferences or any activity associated with it.
- I recognise my duty to report any violation or potential violation of the Code I observe at any time during the Academy following the advised procedure.
- Neglecting the duty to report or assist would be considered a violation of this Code of Conduct.
Violation of this Code of Conduct, and any other conduct deemed to be inconsistent with the values of Scouting & Guiding, after an investigation from the appropriate teams, may result in a range of actions being taken against the account holder committing the violation, from being contacted by the Team to suspend or terminate the participation in the event.
For more information you can check WOSM World Safe from Harm Policy or WAGGGS Safeguarding Policy.
Nov. 14th - 19th in Wiesbaden, Germany
The Academy 2023 will take place in Wiesbaden, Germany from November 14th - 19th. Wiesbaden is the capital and second largest city of Hesse with approx. 283,000 residents. The largest city in Hesse is Frankfurt which is not far and you'll probably pass through there if you attend The Academy.
Arrival, Departure and Schedule
Please arrive on Tuesday (November 14th) – we're available beginning at 8 am and start with an informal gathering in the evening. Sessions are starting on Wednesday morning. Departure is scheduled for Sunday (November 19th). A more detailed schedule can be found on the Program page.
To reduce the impact of our event on the environment, we ask you to prefer environmentally means of travel. Wiesbaden has a FlixBus stop that is well-connected. Since Germany has the largest rail network in Europe, going by train is an excellent option and Wiesbaden Hbf can be reached easily. If you have some extra time, why not take a look at the Austrian night trains connecting Frankfurt with several European cities.
However, if going by plane is your only option, the closest airport is Frankfurt (FRA) – the biggest airport in Germany. Frankfurt airport has two train stations and two regional trains connecting to Wiesbaden Hbf. You can either take the S8 or the S9 from Frankfurt (M) Flughafen Regionalbf. One of these is leaving every 15 minutes. More information and tickets here: bahn.de.
We've prepared some helpful directions on how to get to the venue from Frankfurt airport and Frankfurt main station. You can download them here (PDF, 2.7 MB).
The Academy will take place in the Youth Hostel Wiesbaden, a modern building with lot's of green around it. It's just a 20 minutes walk to the city center and a short bus ride or a 40 minutes walk from the train station. We have the entire location to ourselves and are provided with free wifi.
All photos are Copyright by DJH Landesverband Hessen e.V.
Registration + Program
Registration is closed. Please take a look at our Schedule and Program. We have amazing sessions lined up on four learning paths: Nurture, Enhance, Innovation and Voice!
Who should attend The Academy?
The event is open to everyone holding a position at National or regional levels in any of our Associations, from members of national teams to Chief Commissioners.
What are the topics at The Academy?
Participants will be able to choose from four different learning paths. We would like to encourage participants to choose from a variety of sessions per day, composing their own training plan to match their position and particular needs. A broad range of sessions dealing with different areas of work will be offered simultaneously, with enough on offer to make the event interesting for everyone.
There are several teams at work to make The Academy happen. For everything related to the sessions, registration, WAGGGS & WOSM or The Academy in general, please contact the Content Team at email@example.com. For technical issues, you can also contact Till, directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fee for The Academy is EUR 400. It includes accommodation, meals and tea/coffee breaks, free access to the venue’s facilities, as well as session materials for the full event. Participants who have difficulties with the traveling costs should contact in confidence their WOSM or WAGGGS Regional Offices to request information on the possibility of financial assistance from the Region.
How to promote The Academy
You want to promote The Academy through your channels? No problem! In fact, we're happy for your attention. You can find our Corporate Design here. Please make sure to also mention our channels, depending on the platform and / or link to this website.